The organizers of X-Man Romania are: Xterra Sport Bihor Sports Club in partnership with the Romanian Triathlon Federation (FRTRI).
At the end of the event, the Romanian Triathlon Federation will announce the national champions for the long distance (full iron distance) triathlon. The national champions will be awarded by the representatives of the Federation.
Start and Finish Zones
SWIMMING/CYCLING: Săldăbagiu de Munte Lake (Bihor)
RUNNING: The car park of the Olimpic Swimming Pool Oradea
FINISH ZONE: Race center / Piata Unirii Oradea (city center)
Race distances at X-Man Romania 2019
LONG DISTANCE: 3800 m swim – 180 km bike – 42,2 km run
HALF DISTANCE: 1900 m swim – 86 km bike – 21,1 km run
Location: Săldăbagiu de Munte Lake (Bihor)
Length of course: 633 m
Full distance: 6 loops / Start: 7 am / Time limit: 2h20m
Half distance: 3 loops / Start: 10 am / Time limit: 1h30m
Swimwear and Wetsuit policy:
Under 18C mandatory
Between 18-24C optional
Above 24C prohibited
In Transition zone 1, the aid station will provide the competitors with water.
The bike course consists of 3 parts:
- Intro section: 5,9 km
-from Transition Zone 1 (Săldăbagiu de Munte Lake) to the closed section – Intersection between DC37 and DJ767 roads (Paleu)
- Closed section (for road traffic): 23,7 km
Paleu – Uileacu de Munte – Cetariu – Cauaceu – Paleu (Cartierul Orizont)
- Exit section: 9,7 km
Paleu – Saldabagiu de Munte – Transition Zone 2 (Olimpic Swimming Pool, Oradea)
FULL DISTANCE: 7 loops / elevation: 1.600 m / Time limit: 8 hours
HALF DISTANCE: 3 loops / elevation: 800 m / Time limit: 6 hours
The aid station on the closed section will provide competitors back and forth in Cetariu with food, iso, water, cola, ice etc.
BIKE COURSE MAPS:
The run course consist of 2 parts:
- Intro section: 3 km
Transition Zone 1 (Olimpic Swimming Pool Car Park) – Strandului St.- Dacia Bridge – Alexandru Averescu St.(bike course) – Emanuil Gojdu St. (to Intelectualilor Bridge) – crossing Independenței St. – 1 December Park
- Closed section (for road traffic): 2 km in the city center
December 1 Park – Vasile Alecsandri St.– Unirii Square (competition center)
The aid station in Unirii Square (city center) will provide the competitors with: food, fruits, water, isotonic drink, cola, ice, wet sponges etc.
LONG DISTANCE: 20 loops / Time limit: 16h
HALF DISTNACE: 10 LOOPS / Time limit: 11h30m
Finish Zone: Unirii Square (city center)
Female: 18-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50+
Male: 18-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50+
It is possible for a person to register both for individual, both for a team! Teams can be formed by an individual competitor and one or two team-members.
Cash prizes are given to competitors in the individual categories, according to the overall ranking.
Age groups are awarded with trophies.
Teams (standard relay, family, company) are awarded with trophies.
All competitors finishing the race within the official time limits will be awarded with finisher medals.
Participation in the race for both Long and Half Distance is only allowed for competitors over 18 years. *Excepted from this rule are the Team Relay of Half Distance and the competitors of the Family Challenge.
Athlete check in
Check-in time: Friday, 31 May 2019, between 4-8 pm
Check-in location: Unirii Square, Oradea (city center)
Check-in is compulsory to all participants, both for individual categories, and all Relay Team members.
Documents needed for check-in:
- ID Card
- Your Athlete License if you are affiliated to a federation of Triathlon.
*If not affiliated, you will need a One day license issued on site.
- Medical certificate indicating that you are allowed to participate in a long distance triathlon competition
- The waiver to sign on site
Race kit collection: race number, timing chip, official technical T-shirt, official swimming cap etc.
Bike check-in: Transition Zone 1 will be open at Paleu Lake on 31.05.2019 between 4-8 pm
During the bike check-in, individual category athletes place their equipment for the bike and run stages in the Transition Zone.
Members of the Team Relay can only use Transition Zone 1 for the relay switch or in case if a team member performs both the swim and the bike stages.
For Full Distance competitors it will open on 01.06.2019 at 6 am.
For Half Distance competitors it will open on 01.06.2019 at 9 am.
Relays are teams with 3 or at least 2 members. Relay teams will transfer the timing chip and ankle strap in a designated Relay Pen, which will be created in Transition 1. Make the chip transfer from ankle to ankle and do not run with the chip in your hands at any time to ensure accurate chip reading
Family Challenge and Company Challenge are special categories. Team members in these categories can switch between them as many times as they want, but the chip transfer can be done only at aid stations or checkpoints.
WARNING! Team members making a switch can’t disturb the individual competitors at no time! Otherwise, the team will get a stop&go penalty, or at a second misconduct will be eliminated from the race!
1. All competitors will present upon check-in the following documents:
a) ID card/passport
b) Athlete license if affiliated to a Federation/One day license issued on site if not affiliated
c) Medical certificate indicating that you are allowed to participate in a long distance triathlon competition
d) The waiver to sign on site
2. Equipment for the bike and run stages will be checked-in to Transition 1 (Săldăbagiu de Munte Lake)
3. For the swim stage, competitors must be present at least 30 min prior the start (when Transition 1 closes) + cyclist from relay teams.
4. Race numbers will be worn on the back during the bike stage and on the front of the shirt, or on the left part of your leg during the run stage.
5. Compulsory swimming equipment: swimwear, official swim cap, swimming googles.
6 Bike stage: certain parts of the bike course cross county and communal roads, so all traffic regulations strictly apply to all competitors! The organizers do not assume responsibility for accidents caused by not following the traffic rules. (Thees public roads though don’t have a heavy traffic).
Any item that needs to be discarded (water bottles, gel wrappers, clothing etc.) may be dropped only in the designated drop off zone in the aid station area!
It is forbidden to accompany the competitors with any motorized vehicles!
Competitors will enter and exit Transition 1 (Paleu lake) running beside their bikes, not riding them! The helmet must be put on in the Transition and it will stay on the competitor’s head during the whole time of the bike stage. It can be only removed in Transition 2 (Olimpic Swimming Pool car Park), after getting down the bike.
7. Running. During the running stage, the run course will be closed to road traffic. Exception is the intro part from Transit 2 to the closed course.
Individual assistance can be given to competitors exclusively at the aid-station!
8. The competition is a sport event. Any initiative of „non fair-play” results in disqualification of the competitor or the team.
9. Appeals regarding the final results can be submitted by email to the address: email@example.com and they will be solved within 24 hours from the submission. Appeals will be admitted for maximum 12 hours from the release of the official results.
It is forbidden!
- Entering the Transit Zone for others than the competitors and the organizers.
- The assistance (revitalization or technical assistance) of competitors on the bike course. Assistance is only possible at the aid-stations or the U-turns of the course. Technical problems on the bike course can be solved only by the competitor with the help of the service team. External assistance can be accepted only at the U turns of the course. In case of malfunctions/breakdown, any component can be replaced except the bicycle frame, in a manner not to obstruct or impede the progress of other athletes.
- Drafting – remaining within the draft zone of another athlete for a period longer than 25 seconds. At first notice the competitor/team will be given a yellow card and a +5 minutes penalty, at the second notice a +10 minutes penalty and at the third notice the competitor/team will be disqualified.
- Doping – It is strictly forbidden the use of performance-enhancing substances!